Gary B. Anderson M.D.
Amherst College, B. A., cum laude
Ohio State University, M.D.
Orthopedic Internship & Residency:
University of Pittsburgh
American Sports Medicine Institute
Joined Orthopedic Associates, Inc. 1996
• Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
• American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
• American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine
• Rocky Mountain Trauma Society
• Oklahoma State Medical Association
• Oklahoma State Orthopedic Society (President 2002)
Special Interests and Honors:
Dr. Anderson completed a sports medicine fellowship under the direction of Dr. James Andrews and Dr. William Clancy, pioneers in the development of arthroscopic and sports medicine surgery. He has an interest in knee, shoulder and elbow arthroscopy and reconstructive techniques for athletes of all ages and ability levels. Dr. Anderson served as a Clinical Instructor at the University of Pittsburgh in 1995 with a particular emphasis on care of the multiple injured trauma patient. Dr. Anderson has also volunteered his services through Orthopaedics Overseas in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan providing orthopedic care and training in an under served area of the world. He is a member of the Jim Thorpe executive council and has been the team physician of Langston University since 2006.